Friday, July 13, 2012

Tool #6

I went to Edmondo because of what the other teachers had commented about the site.  I created an assignment to discuss on of my favorite back to school books (Wimberly Worried).  I searched for ways to embed this and could not find the information.

I love Wallwisher! I created a "word of the day" assignment.
<iframe src="http://wallwisher.com/embed/whitten02" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="400px" style="border: 1px solid #999999"></iframe>
I did find the embed code, which I have pasted in but it is not showing up the way I expected.  Did it work?  I have also linked my wall.  

I can see using wallwisher for many things.  The students can respond to discussion questions, give facts about nonfiction topics, give feedback from classroom discussion, etc.  I like how easy this is to use and I feel like my firsties could create something on Wallwisher, as well.

I feel that Edmondo is very similar and has more options.  However, the format is too sophisticated for first graders.  Maybe this would be good for my GT learners or towards the end of the year.  I can see this being a great tool to use in higher grade levels.

1 comment:

  1. The embedded code did not show up the way it should. These can be tricky sometimes. Great ideas and posts!

    ReplyDelete