Monday, July 23, 2012

Tool #11


1. What are your favorite tools you now have in your personal technology toolbox? Briefly describe a particular activity that you will plan for your students using at least one of these new tools.
I really enjoyed wallwisher.  I can see this being great for sharing writing ideas, brainstorming ideas for almost anything, answering open ended questions, etc.  



2. How have you transformed your thinking about the learning that will take place in your classroom? How has your vision for your classroom changed? Are you going to need to make any changes to your classroom to accommodate the 21st Century learner?It has helped me see that these tools aren't as hard to use as I thought (such as prezi, google docs, storybird, etc).  I have always been told they were easy, but never took the time to learn how to create things.  I can see using the tools I mentioned above as reviews, reinforcement activities, and culminating events.  I feel like the point that was made throughout 11 Tools about how these kids must be using technology to carry them through their lives and careers, was a very valid and important point to make.  


3. Were there any unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?  
Once I learned to navigate blogger, it was not nearly as hard as I thought.  I had the same feelings about google docs.  I wish that embedding was easier, like it is with youtube.  However, I'm glad to know how to create links.  I have more confidence with these tools, which means I will feel better about implementing them!  

No comments:

Post a Comment